How to fix file sharing not working issue
File sharing is one of the best features in Windows operating systems. Windows has this feature by default. But sometimes this feature didn’t work on Windows. I get many emails from Windows users about this problem. That’s why I decided to write an article about this problem. The file sharing feature is important for some marketers. Because you can share anything with this feature. Just turn on the computer. I will show you how to solve the problem of file sharing not working on your computer.
You can solve the file sharing not working problem using my methods. We will discuss this issue. You must check your network before trying the following methods. Because network is a very important thing for file sharing. The root cause of this problem is no credentials found on your computer. So you need to use the credential method. Follow my methods without skipping a beat.
Add your Windows credentials:
Windows credentials are important for file sharing. So your computer must have these credentials. If your computer does not have Windows credentials, you need to add them to your computer. I’ll show you how to add Windows credentials to your computer. It is very easy.
- Open the Run app using the Windows Key + R keys on your keyboard. Then type control.exe in the search box.
- Then find the Credential Manager option in the list and open it.
- Now select the Windows Credential option from the tab.
- Then click Add Windows credentials in the list.
- Then enter your network address, username and passwords. Now click on OK option.
- You have now successfully created your Windows credentials.
Do you know about the possibility of services?. This is a hidden option in Windows operating system. Most Windows users were unaware of this option. This is very easy. I will show you how to fix broken file sharing using this method. Follow my steps without skipping a beat.
- First, open the Run app using the Windows Key + R keys on your keyboard. Then type control panel in the search box.
- Now the Control Panel will open. Then find the Administrative Tools option in the list and open it.
- Next, double-click the Services option in the list.
- Then scroll down and find the Function Discovery Provider Host option and right click on it. Now click on the Properties option.
- Now set the option to Automatic in the Startup Type option. Then click OK on the tab.
- Now I hope your problem is solved.
Enable SMB files sharing:
SMB file sharing is a new feature of the Windows operating system. you must enable this option on your computer. Because this feature is most important for file sharing. I will show you how to fix broken file sharing using SMB method.
- In Control Panel, find Programs and Features in the list and open it.
- Then click Turn Windows features on or off in the left toolbar.
- Now scroll down and find the SMB 1.0/CISF files sharing support option in the list and check that option.
- And click OK option on the tab.
- Now check your problem, hope it is solved now.