Simple and Quick Ways to Transfer Data Have you changed your Android smartphone to acquire an iPhone? Migrating data from Android to iOS might be a bit trickier than if you just kept your Android phone, but not impossible! For a transition of your data from one operating system to another in complete peace of mind, there are several ways to achieve this. In this article, we provide you with 3 easy and quick methods.
1. How to transfer data from Android to iPhone: Simple and Quick Ways to Transfer Data
Our smartphones allow us, today, to store a whole lot of personal and precious data: messages, contacts, photos, videos, contacts, and calendars… Losing your data in favor of a change of smartphone is unthinkable and can turn out to be a barrier. Not for long with our 3 methods to transfer your data from Android to iPhone for free. Today, it is possible to make the transfer via:
- AnyTrans software
- Apple’s “Move to iOS” app
- Google Drive
These are three popular software to transfer Android to iPhone. A quick comparison of the 3 solutions:
|AnyTrans||Migrate to iOS||Google Drive|
|iPhone compatibility||iOS: all models (android: version 4.0 or later||iOs: all models (android: version 4.0 or later||iOs: all models (android: version 4.0 or later|
|Types of data transferred||Contacts, Message History, Calendar, Call Log, Photos, Videos, Music, Ringtones, Settings, Compressed Files, Documents, Apps||Some data is not kept, such as settings or applications.||Only audio files, videos, photos, and contact lists can be transferred.|
|Reset||No reset is necessary||You will probably have to reset your iPhone after a backup or transfer the rest of your Android smartphone data manually.||You will probably have to reset your iPhone after a backup or transfer the rest of your Android smartphone data manually.|
|Choice of data to transfer||Selective||Selective||Selective|
|Transfer speed||Fast and secure thanks to a USB cable||Slow and pauses from time to time||Limited to the storage capacity of your Google Drive space|
|Rate||Free up to 50 data/files transferred per day.||Free||Free|
2. Transfer Data from Android Smartphone to iPhone with AnyTrans
The “Move to iOS” app and Google Drive do not transfer all types of data that are in your phone. In addition, it regularly happens that “Migrate to iOs” crashes and does not work properly. To transfer your files from Android to iPhone safely and quickly, we advise you to use the AnyTrans solution. Here are some significant advantages of this software:
- Choice and transfer all types of data
- Speed of transmission
- Ability to select the types of data to transfer
- The high transfer success rate
- Convenient and quick connection to the device via USB connector
- No reset is needed for your iPhone
- No data overwritten
Steps to Migrate Your Data from Android to iPhone with AnyTrans
1). To transfer your data from your Android phone to your iPhone, you need to download AnyTrans software on your computer first.
2). Then, open AnyTrans and connect both of your phones (Android and iPhone) to your PC using the USB ports.
3). Once connected, choose “Phone Switcher” on the left menu and click “Phone to iPhone” and click “Switch Now” to start data transfer.
4). Then, select the source phone (Android) and the target phone (iPhone) and click “Next”.
5). In this step, choose all the data you want to transfer to your new iPhone. Then, click “Next” to start the transfer.
We also invite you to consult this tutorial in order to better visualize the different steps:
3. Transfer Data from Android Smartphone to iPhone for Free with Migrate to iOs App
To transfer your data from Android to iPhone, you can also use the Migrate to iOS app. It will be able to transfer a majority of your data (contacts, message history, photos, and videos, photo albums, files and folders, accessibility settings, display settings, web bookmarks, email accounts, WhatsApp messages, and calendars) but presents, all the same, some defects like:
- A transfer speed is very slow
- Obtaining the code is not always reliable
- The transfer is sometimes interrupted for an unexplained reason
- Messages may not work properly after the transfer
- Some apps may not have transferred
Steps to Transfer Data from Android to iPhone with the “Move to iOS” App
Beforehand, check that Wi-Fi is activated on your Android and iPhone smartphones and make sure they are properly charged.
1). Turn on your new iPhone and place it next to your old phone.
2). Follow the startup instructions.
3). When the Apps and Data screen appears, select “Migrate data from Android”.
4). Then open the “Migrate to iOS” application on your Android smartphone (which you will have previously downloaded).
5). Next, you should see the “Migrate from Android” screen appear on your iPhone. Select “Continue”.
6). A 6 or 10-digit code appears. Add it to your Android smartphone.
7). Your iPhone offers you a temporary Wi-Fi network. Select “Connect” from your Android device. Then wait until the “Transfer Data” screen appears.
8). On your old phone, choose the data to transfer and select “Continue”. Wait for the progress bar displayed on your iPhone to complete, then select “OK” on your Android smartphone and “Continue” on your iPhone.
9) Follow the instructions to complete the setup.
4. Transfer Data from Android Smartphone to iPhone with Google Drive
The last method to transfer your data from Android to iPhone for free is to use Google Drive. However, this method has some limitations:
- Storage capacity is limited to 15 GB.
- Data transfer is limited to audio files, videos, photos, and contact lists.
Steps to Migrate Your Data from Android to iPhone with Google Drive
1) On your Android phone, open the Google Drive app and sign in to your Google account.
2) Back up your phone content by going to settings and selecting “Backup & reset”.
3) Choose the content you want to back up (contacts, messages, call history, applications…). Then select “Backup Now”.
4) Then retrieve the backup on your iPhone from the Google Drive app (Settings > Import data).
5) Some data is not contained in the backup such as photos. From your iPhone, you can use your Google Drive space. To do this, select the “+” button at the bottom right of the app, then “Download”. Then select the files to upload.
To conclude, there are 3 ways to transfer your data from Android to iPhone. We recommend the AnyTrans software which seems to be relevant to achieve this in a simple and fast way. So, which method are you going to try?